Blueprint JD is looking to expand its Board of Directors. Founded by young lawyers and law students, Blueprint JD is a new nonprofit organization passionate about diversity in the legal profession. Our programs offer tailored career information and guidance to diverse law students. Through our blog, job board, and internship program, we help students identify and achieve their career goals.
Our successful launch this August is only the beginning. With so much promise ahead, we are excited about the future and eager to add new perspectives. If you are interested in contributing your time, leadership, and network to help advise diverse law students, we invite you to submit an interest form.
Blueprint JD seeks board members with experience or skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Communications and Public Relations
- Finance and Fiscal Management
- Organizational Development
- Strategic Planning
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Editorial Skills
- Program Development
Expectations of Board Members
Board members should be prepared to:
- Devote at least 5 hours per month to Board duties (including monthly board and quarterly board committee meetings)
- Author or secure guest authors for at least six (6) blog articles annually
- Participate in outside functions for public relations and visibility
- Make a personally significant donation
- Commit to serving for a two-year renewable term
If you are interested in joining the Blueprint JD Board, please submit an interest form no later than March 30, 2013. Any questions may be directed to Melinda Hightower, Board Chair, at email@example.com.