Official Name: National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
Year Founded: 1981
Leader: Rachany Son, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
The National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (NAPALSA) represents the interests of Asian Pacific American law students and provides advocacy, support, and career development opportunities for its members throughout the United States.
NAPALSA exists to:
- Advance Asian Pacific American law students through support, advocacy, and professional development on a national level;
- Develop a network of Asian Pacific American law student organizations across the nation;
- Foster the exchange of ideas and promote a deeper understanding of the legal, political, and social status of Asian Pacific Americans in society;
- Encourage leadership, participation, and involvement in the greater Asian Pacific American community; and
- Inspire law students and legal professionals to serve the interests and aspirations of Asian Pacific Americans and all diverse populations.